Age Group Amateur Race
Come out and watch the elites tackle the beautiful Pleasant Prairie course and then participate in our unique afternoon Youth event. This event will feature an event for athletes 7-10 years old and an event for athletes 11-14 years old. This event will be a great experience for beginners as well as experienced youth.
Packet Pick Up
Packets can be picked up on Saturday during elite packet pick up and then on race day at the site from 10am-Noon.
USAT Registration / Card
Please bring your child’s USAT card to packet pickup. This is mandatory for insurance purposes. If you registered online and indicated you were not a USAT member, you were automatically charged the $10 license fee and you will not need to bring any verification. USAT registration will also be available at packet pickup for those individuals registering for the race on race day.
The race is split into 2 separate race divisions. Please note that your race age is determined by your age as of Dec. 31, 2017 per USAT rules.
1. Juniors (7-10 year olds)-100 Meter lake swim, 4K Bike, 1K Run
2. Seniors (11-14 year olds) –200 Meter lake swim, 8K Bike, 2K Run
The race registration fee is $45 until May 14, 2017. From May 15th until race day, the cost will be $50.
Schedule of Events
(This is a general time line and could change slightly based on weather, previous elite races and number of attendees. Please arrive early to pick up your packet and make sure you are properly warmed up and knowledgable of the course.)
1:30pm – Age Group Amateur race start
The Senior Division: ages 11–14 will start at 1:30pm
The Youth Division: ages 7-10, will start after the 11-14 event – the estimated timeframe which is in the 2:15pm timeframe.
Awards ceremony to follow
-The actual start time of the events is subject to change based on the completion of the Elite races. Please consider arriving several hours early to pick up your packet and get properly warmed up.
The transition area will open at approximately 12:45pm (possibly earlier if announced) and close at 1:15pm so athletes need to be prepared to set up their transition area at that time.
A Mandatory race talk will be at 1:15pm at the swim start area.
Timing chips will be issued at the swim start prior to the beginning of the first Age Group Amateur event.
• Don’t forget your bike helmet, no riders will be allowed on the course without one.
• Body Markers will be available outside the transition area. Please make sure you get body marked on race morning.
• When starting out on the bike course, athletes must NOT mount their bikes until they cross the “mounting line”. There will be volunteers on the course letting you know where this is. Athletes must also dismount at this line and run their bikes into the transition area for safety purposes.
• Make sure to stay to the right side of the road on the bike course unless you are passing. Once you have passed (on the LEFT), move back to the right side of the road. Be LOUD on the bike course, let a rider know you will pass by saying, “On your left!” Be Safe!